Everyone at Mustard Girl wishes all of you a very Happy Fourth of July and a big Happy Birthday to our Beautiful America, land of the brave and home of the free! We are so blessed to live in one of the best countries on the planet, and give great honor to our ancestors, troops and servicemen, who selflessly protect our freedoms. Here's to all the wonderful citizens of the United States who make our country so great!
Over the Fourth of July I adore spending time with my family and friends in Laona, the heart of Wisconsin. There's quite a display of the biggest and brightest fireworks, and we always have a huge barbecue. Here are some other places to enjoy fireworks across the country.
And here's one of my all-time favorite holiday recipes, which goes perfectly with brats.
Mustard Girl Sweet N Fancy Yellow Potato Salad
2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, 3 medium-large potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 ribs celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup small to medium yellow skinned onion, finely chopped
3 Tablespoons chopped pimento, drained
2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
2 Tablespoons sweet pickle juice
1/3 cup light mayo
1/3 cup MUSTARD GIRL SWEET N FANCY YELLOW MUSTARD
Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
1 Tsp paprika
6 hard boiled eggs
1. Boil potatoes in salted water 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and spread out on to a cookie sheet to cool quickly, about 10 minutes.
3. In a bowl, combine celery, onion, pimento, relish, mayonnaise and mustard.
4. Combine cooled potatoes with other ingredients. Stir in pickle juice and season with salt and pepper.
5. Peel hardboiled eggs, place each egg in egg slicer.
6. Decorate egg slices in a circle on top of potato salad in the bowl then sprinkle with parsley and paprika on top.
TIP: For perfect hard boiled eggs every time, follow these instructions...1. Place the eggs in a saucepan and enough cold water to cover the eggs plus an extra inch. 2. Let the water come to a boil. 3. After 3 minutes remove the pan from the heat and put the lid on. 4. Let the eggs sit in the pan with the water for 8 minutes. 5. Run cold water over the eggs and let them sit for several minutes. 6. Peel and eat.