Oh Honey! Add Some Sweet and Spice to Your Life!
The nice thing about these savory mustards is that they are not only great as stand alone marinades, but for dipping sauces and amazing sandwich spreads as well! Not only that but they they truly make hot dogs, bratwursts, sausages and burgers happy across America!
APPETIZER: Mustard Girl Salmon Appetizer – best appetizers ever!
- 1 package of Norwegian Salmon lox (4 oz)
- 16 ¾” dill sprigs (for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons Crème Fraiche
- ¼ cup Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Honey Mustard
- 16 Provençale Minis (Fine wafer crispbread)
- 1 small jar of caviar (Salmon Roe)
Cut Salmon into 16 rectangle pieces, about 2” long and 1” wide. Then, spread ½ teaspoon of Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Mustard upon each wafer and place salmon on top of mustard wafer. Place tiny dallop of Crème Fraiche on top of Salmon and then add a tiny dallop of caviar. Place small dill sprig on top of Crème Fraiche for Garnish and enjoy the goodness!
EGGS: Devilishly Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked spanish paprika, for garnish
Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water so that there is 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute. Crack eggshells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, sirachi, Mustard Girl Mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
FISH: Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Honey Salmon
(Serves 4-6 glasses)
- 1 salmon fillet (approximately 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Honey Mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Place salmon, skin side down, in shallow glass or plastic dish. In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients ; pour over salmon. Cover; refrigerate at least 15 minutes but no longer than 1 hour. Set oven control to broil. Remove salmon from marinade; reserve marinade. Place salmon, skin side down, on rack in broiler pan. Broil with top 4 to 6 inches from heat 10 to 15 minutes, brushing 2 to 3 times with marinade, until fish flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining marinade. Serve with lemon wedges!
FISH: Sweet N’ Spicy Honey Tuna Salad
- 1 large can of tuna, drained
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked petit peas (optional)
- 1 tablespoons light mayonnaise (Add more if needed)
- 1.5 teaspoon Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Honey Mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (use white WS if available!)
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Mix mayo and mustard together, toss with the above ingredients. Serve on greens as a salad, in a pita pocket or on whole grain bread. Optional: capers or sun-dried tomatoes may be added for some super flavor!
PORK: Mustard Girl Pork Sliders
- 5 pounds slightly seasoned pulled pork (store bought or your own favorite crockpot recipe)
- 1/2 cup Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Honey Mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup bread-and-butter pickles
- 2 bags of Kings Hawaiian Honey Wheat Rolls (Or King’s Sweet Hawaiian Rolls)
Place warm pulled pork in bowl. Then, combine Mustard Girl Mustard, cider vinegar, brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Open honey wheat bun and scoop desired amount of pulled Pork on to bun. Spoon 2 tablespoons of Mustard Girl Sauce over pork and close bun. Serve with bread-and-butter pickles for garnish!
POULTRY: Mustard Girl Chicken Wings
- 5 pounds small chicken wings/drumsticks
- 1 cup Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Honey
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Sherry
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil (as needed for frying)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup corn flour
One day ahead of time:
Wash chicken wings/drumsticks and pat dry. Then, combine garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Use to season chicken wings/drumsticks.
Combine Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Mustard, honey, and Sherry.
Put half of mustard mixture in a bowl (or baking dish) and add the seasoned chicken wings. Cover. Turn the chicken wings at least once in marinade, so they are fully coated. Marinate for 12-24 hours.
Cooking Chicken Wings: Remove chicken wings/drumsticks from Mustard Girl Marinade and discard marinade. Combine flour and corn flour then toss the chicken wings/drumsticks in flour mixture. Heat oil in skillet. When the oil is hot, place chicken wings/drumsticks and cook at least 6 minutes each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken wings/drumsticks from frying pan and drain on paper towels. Place chicken wings in a bowl or dish and drizzle some Mustard Girl Marinade over them for taste, use remaining Mustard Girl Marinade for people to use sparingly as dipping sauce. Enjoy!
VEGATABLES: Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Potato Au Gratin
(Serves 8 to 10)
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled 1/8" slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dried dillweed
- 3 cups (10 oz.) grated Swiss cheese
- 1 1/3 cups whipping cream or half and half
- 1 1/3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Mustard Girl Sweet N’ Spicy Mustard
Preheat oven at 400° F. In a 13x9x2 baking dish, overlap 1/2 slices of sliced potatoes for first layer and then spread half of cheese and dill. Repeat. Whisk cream, stock, and Mustard Girl Mustard together and pour over the top covering the layers. Bake 1 hour at 400 degrees. Good with ham, beef roast or pork chops and a salad of greens, avocado, grapefruit, and orange slices.