Stoneground Works Miracles, I Tell Ya!
The nice thing about these savory mustards is that they are not only great as stand alone marinades, but for dipping sauces and amazing sandwich spreads as well! Not only that but they they truly make hot dogs, bratwursts, sausages and burgers happy across America!
APPETIZER: Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli Pear, Onion and Cheese cup Appetizers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pear, peeled, halved, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons Mustard Girl Stone Ground Deli Mustard
- 36 phyllo cups (store bought in 3 packages of 12)
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until beginning to caramelize, about 9 minutes. Add pear and sauté 3 minutes. Transfer pear mixture to medium bowl. (Make sure to fine chop the onion and pear before sauté.) Cool slightly. Stir in cheese, mustard and salt. Using a spoon, fill pre-made phyllo cups with about a tablespoon of the above mixture. Bake cups until golden brown and bubbly, about 14-15 minutes. Cool for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to platter and serve. You can make these in batches so as they are finished you can put out more hot ones Enjoy!
DRINKS: Mustard Girl UP Stoneground Deli “Up North” Bloody Mary”
(Serves 4-6 glasses)
- 3 cups V8 Low Sodium Vegetable Juice
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Girl Stone Ground Deli ( Add more if you like it with more kick)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 salt (only if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Premium vodka or premium clear rum
- Dill Pickle Spears
- Celery Ribs
- Small jar pickled green beans
- Cheddar cheese curds
- Nueske’s Apple Smoked Bacon
In a blender combine tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and hot sauce and process until smooth. Transfer to a nonreactive container and add salt and black pepper to taste. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. When ready to serve, fill each glass with ice. Add 1 ounce of vodka or rum to each glass then fill the glass with the Mustard Girl Bloody Mary mix. Stir well and garnish each glass with one piece of cooked bacon, toothpick with cheesecurd and cut summer sausage, green bean and pickle. Oy, you betchya it’s good!!!
FISH: Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli Trout
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Girl Stone Ground Deli
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs, preferably sourdough
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 1.5–2 pound whole branzino or trout, butterflied
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Whisk oil, mustard, garlic, and thyme in a small bowl. Using your fingertips or a rubber spatula, mix in breadcrumbs, squeezing or pressing to saturate bread, until evenly coated; season with salt and pepper. Open up fish and place, skin side down, in a large ovenproof pan or on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Top with breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Roast until breadcrumbs are golden brown and fish is cooked through, 10–15 minutes. Serve fish with lemon wedges.
GRAIN: Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli Quinoa Salad
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
- ½ green chile
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli Mustard
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup slivered carrots (1 ½” long 1/8” wide)
Rinse Quinoa with cold water set aside. Place olive oil and diced onions in heavy saucepan sauté onions high heat 5 minutes. Add ginger, chili and Quinoa to pan. Stir in cinnamon, coriander and Mustard Girl Mustard. Add water bring to boil, then simmer for 15 minutes Add raisins last five minutes and fluff with fork when done Garnish top with slivered carrots as decoration
PIZZA: Mustard Girl World Famous Brat Pizza and Mustard Girl Beer Pizza Dough
Ingredients for World Famous Beer Crust:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope pizza crust yeast or RapidRise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Mustard Girl Sweet N Spicy Honey
- 2/3 cup very warm beer (120° to 130°F)* Preferably Leinenkugels!
Ingredients for Mustard Girl Pizza:
- 2 tablespoon Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli
- 1/4 cup regular pizza sauce (OR you can mix 2 tablespoon whipping cream, 1/4 cup sour cream and 2 tablespoons Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli as a creamier base.)
- 1 cup Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese,
- 4-5 precooked beer Johnsonville bratwurst
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata Olives
Directions for World Famous Beer Crust:
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add Mustard Girl Mustard, then add very warm beer; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. (Alternatively, roll dough on a floured counter to a 12-inch circle.) Place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
Note: To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
Directions for Mustard Girl Brat Pizza:
Brush rolled out pizza dough with Mustard Girl mustard and then add pizza sauce. Top with 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Slice bratwurst links into 1/4-inch slices. Layer on top of Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with onions. Top with remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Bake on lowest rack for 14 to 17 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle with Sauerkraut sauce and Kalamata olives after removed from oven. Note: To precook your own beer brats, place bratwurst in saucepan filled with 12 ounces beer. Heat on medium-high, cover and cook 15 minutes until an internal temperature of 180°F is reached. Remove brats from saucepan and cool 5 minutes.
SALAD DRESSING: Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)*
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic ( or 1 Tablespoon minced shallots)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 4 cups Mesclun salad mix or favorite greens, for accompaniment
Add your favorite assortment of salad ingredients optional such as cherry tomatoes, strawberries, pomegranates chopped carrots, sliced red onion, chopped celery, diced cucumbers, and walnuts. Optional: blue cheese or goat cheese.
Beat the vinegar in a bowl with the mustard, optional honey, garlic, salt and pepper until sugar and salt dissolves. Then beat in the oil by droplets, constantly whisking. (Or place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine.) Taste and adjust the seasonings. Toss a few tablespoons of the dressing with the salad mix and desired salad ingredients, top with cheese and serve immediately. If not using dressing right away, cover and refrigerate, whisking or shaking again before use.
SAUCES: Mustard Girl Cocktail Sauce
- 1 cup cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli
- 1/2 teaspoon of horseradish sauce
Mix cocktail sauce and mustard together put in bowl and add horseradish sauce on top to garnish with sliced lemons around the sides. Serve with shrimp or crab to accompany.
Vegetables: Mustard Girl Beet Greens Recipe
- 4 Cups of Beet Greens (including the stems)
- 1 Tablespoon of Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli
- 2 tsp High Grade Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons ( add more to your liking) of high grade Balsamic Vinegar
Boil Beet Greens and Stems for 3-4 minutes in a sauce pan. Remove Beet Greens and Stems from the boiling water, drain and pat dry with towel, then set aside in bowl. Whisk together the Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Drizzle dressing over beet greens and stems, mix thoroughly and serve. You can arrange your already sliced cooked beets around your beet greens for a nice side dish.
VENISON: Mustard Girl Venison Chops with Mustard Girl Cognac Glaze
- 4 Venison Chops (Can be subsituted with pork chops)
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Girl American Dijon (Or Mustard Girl Stoneground Deli)
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup strong chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme leaves
- Coarse Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to Taste
Season chops slightly with salt and pepper. Heat oil in pan saute chops only for a couple minutes until they are rare/ medium rare. Remove keep them warm in a low oven.
Deglaze frying pan with Cognac and chicken stock. Add Mustard Girl American Dijon and thyme leaves-cook over high heat a minute or 2 until sauce thickens. Add any juices from the chops and add additional seasoning if need be.