Mustard has Health Benefits, You Betcha!
Life is about being healthy and happy, and that is why I created a mustard that is not only great tasting and good for you, but also affordable and available to anyone. Mustard and tumeric have really great health benefits that you might not know about!
Benefits of the Mighty Mustard Seed
Mustard Girl All American Mustards are made from three varieties of mustard seeds: yellow brown, and white. Mustard seeds are a very good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which boost heart health and lower triglycerides.
Mustard seeds also contain calcium, dietary fiber, iron, manganese, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, protein, zinc, and selenium—a trace mineral that is an antioxidant that may offer protection against asthma, heart attacks, and some cancers. Studies are currently being conducted about mustard’s positive health benefits for menopausal women and migraine headaches.
Mustard Seed 101
Studies have shown that consuming 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard on the onset of cramps, (especially Mustard Girl Sweet n’ Fancy Yellow), significantly reduces cramping from running or other strenuous activities!
Benefits of Mustard
- Speeds up your metabolism
- Stimulates and aids digestion
- Inhibits cancer cell growth
- Decreases symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Soothes sore throats, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- Aids in helping reduce severity of asthma
- Helps heal bee stings
Tumeric has Health Benefits, Too
Mustard Girl All-American Mustards are also rich in tumeric, a spice that is a potent natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic agent that can be used for disinfecting cuts and burns. It has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
Health Benefits of Tumeric
- Detoxifies the liver
- May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease by removing amyloid plaque buildup in the brain
- May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer
- Is a natural painkiller and inhibits COX-2, an enzyme responsible for inflammation and pain
- May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
- Helps ease arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Boosts the effects of the chemotherapy drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects
- Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin
- May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions